Where a woman shakes her tablecloth recently tagged me to list 10 things that make me happy, and she couldn't have picked a better time. I've been sort of down lately due to a case of winter doldrums, stresses from work and those I put on myself, and to be brutally honest, a little bit of hormones just to round things out-what a fun me! Anyway, she sort of forced me to look at my life as a whole, so here’s what gives me joy:
1. Watching my kids sleep- No matter how hectic things were during the day, or how crazy my kids made me, seeing them sleeping peacefully takes me back in time. I remember them as infants, and all of those emotions associated with becoming a mom come flooding back, and nothing else seems to matter.
3. Petting our dog- Our dog is only allowed on the sofa in our family room, although someone must have forgotten to tell him that since I catch him from time-to-time on our living room sofa… He has to lay with at least one body part touching you, and his favorite spot is usually right beside me because I enjoy massaging his tummy and scratching him behind the ears while I’m watching TV-I’m very well trained.
4. Talking to my husband- One of the reasons why my husband and I ended up together was because we could talk about anything and everything-he is still the first person I want to talk to when I get up in the morning, and the last person I want to talk to when I go to bed at night.
5. Watching my daughter do gymnastics- I am just amazed at what my daughter can do, especially since she is fighting all the clumsy, non-athletic genes that she inherited from me!
7. Being able to create something- I love putting my own creative spin on something, whether it’s a food item, decorating my house, writing/designing my blog-I want to look at it and say, “That’s me.”
8. Being understood- Friends share experiences and a common bond, and I feel as if I made quite a few new friends this past week. I can’t thank you all enough for your comments on my last post.
9. Just a little taste of something sweet- My “go to” foods when I need something sugary are cheesecake (although you all know that by now), chocolate ice cream, and the occasional Snickers bar. I don’t really have a sweet tooth per se because I can stop at eating just that one serving, thank goodness, but these cravings usually happen in the evening, and that’s not so good.
Now, the happy moments must continue, so I am tagging the following ten blogs:
Molly at I'm a Sleeper Baker
Nicole at A New Normal
Flory at A Woman's Life Stages
Mom of the Perpetually Grounded
The Girl at The Girl Next Door Grows Up
Jing Lejano at hypermom
The girl with the flour in her hair at Peeling An Orange With a Screwdriver
Sarah at My Charmed Life
Septembermom at My Voice My View
Clueless Mama at Guessing all the Way
DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom
Heather at Theta Mom
Yes, I know it's more than ten, but I wanted to make a point to pass this on to those who commented on my last post, and those who did not receive the tag yet. Thanks so much everybody, and have a hap, hap, happy day!