Monday, December 26, 2011

Succinctly Yours for Christmas

Hi everyone! Yes, it has been a while-two months in fact, but I just had too much on my plate with the start of school and a project I'm still toiling over. I had some time between packing to go visit family, so I thought I would head to Grandma Goulash's meme. So about that meme. I'm a bit rusty, but here goes:

Mom ran herself ragged every Christmas-we knew the stress might affect her, but never thought she'd refuse to come out from under the tree! (139 characters-phew!)

Did anyone else picture themselves beneath that tree or was it just me? Lol! Well, back to packing. I hope to stop by and see what everyone else came up with later. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Susan!!! Nice to see you microfictioning again. This is a funny one; thanks for the laugh! My husband and I have been in southern Cal (we live in northern Cal) visiting our three sons and families, so it's been a fairly easy and stressless Christmas for me. We spent 7 days at a time-share condo in Oceanside, then another 8 days at different sons' homes. We're both retired, so life is easier now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you, Susan! I hope your Christmas was Merry and now I wish you a Happy New Year!

    Oh yes, poor ragged Mom. Like Little Boy Blue, asleep under the tree in the papers. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had many a Christmas, when I would have happily collapsed under the tree. You are not alone. lol

    It's so nice to hear from you and I'm glad you found time for a succinct. Enjoy the time with your family and get a bit of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, there'll be a lot of moms doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I sent you an email about a month ago but didn't hear back, so I may have sent to the wrong address. Ah, well. Just so you know I was thinking about you!

    I didn't pass out under the tree, but I did a pretty good bit of snoring on the sofa! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Sue! Your humor is still here. I could see myself under the tree too after all the Christmas prep craziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Mom ran herself ragged every Christmas-we knew the stress might affect her, but never thought she'd refuse to come out from under the tree!"

    Do you smell that? Go ahead, give the air another sNiFf-sNiFf-sNiFf. Freshly cut spruce-iness, right? Well....THAT'S ME! After hanging the final ornament on it and wedging the last gift under it, I stayed there <--beneath O Tannenbaum! Yep, I set up camp on Christmas Eve and I've been here ever since (or should I say "evergreen"? lol!) And thank God I had the presence of mind to take the laptop in the "thick" with me. Sure, the dirty laundry and dishes are piling up, but who the heck cares?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day and leave a comment.