Thursday, March 4, 2010
The Girl Next Door Grows up gave me the Happy 101 award. The rules are that I am to compile a list of at least 10 things that make me happy, try to do at least one of those things today, and then pass this award on to blogs that in turn “make my day.”
First my “Happy” list:
1. I get immense pleasure from writing my blog and reading what all of you write, and because there is something so personal about the written word, I feel as if I have made many new friends in the “blogosphere.”
2. When something good happens unexpectedly-whether it be with my kids, husband or me. I am a romantic at heart, so anytime things come together to give me that storybook happy ending, I’m ecstatic.
3. A warm, sunny day is definitely something that we can use right now and something that always turns my mood.
4. When my husband and I laugh so hard that no sound is heard, and we are breathless, teary eyed, and closer than ever in the end.
5. There is nothing better than when all my students recognize the importance of why I am trying to teach them a particular concept, and understand what I am teaching.
6. I know that dogs are a lot of work, but nothing can replace that unconditional love that they shower your way when you come back home at the end of the day.
7. Hot chocolate on a cold night, or any kind of chocolate at any time can produce more than a little “feel good feelings.”
8. Days when I don’t have to be anywhere at a certain time-these are the kinds of days when I stay in my pajamas way more than what is considered acceptable.
9. Although this hardly ever occurs, I love when my whole house is neat and clean, especially the kid’s bedrooms!
10. I love sharing in my kid’s passions, whether it is gymnastics or super heroes, and I love seeing them excited about something.
And these blogs always make me smile (and yes, I always go over the number, but who's counting? :)
Nicole over at A New Normal
Molly over at I'm a Sleeper Baker
Shelly over at Tropical Mum
Amo over at Where a Woman Shakes her Tablecloth
Zen Mom over at Zen and the Art of Motherhood
Motpg over at Mom of the Perpetually Grounded
Janie over at Life Not Wasted or Lost
Diary of a Madbathroom
Tesa over at 2 Wired 2 Tired
Flory at A Woman's Life Stages
Molly from I'm a Sleeper Baker also surprised me with The Sunshine Award, and I would like to give this out to all the blogs I follow because without you, well, I would just be sitting here typing to myself. Hope your tomorrow is full of sunshine! Goodnight everybody...