Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To post or not to post, that is the question...

What’s that old saying-"Even the best laid plans go awry?" Well I had every intention of posting today, especially since I have a terrific story to share with all of you, but I had to get dinner ready early because my daughter had practice tonight, and we were going to look at new ceiling fans since the one in our kitchen has sort of quit on us, and…you get the picture. So I decided to slow things down a bit with a relaxing tune from my youth-I think I was around eleven or twelve when I first heard this song, and I was truly mesmerized by the sound. I mean what was a violin doing in a pop/rock song, and how hard would it be to teach myself to play this on my guitar?

My band of choice tonight is Kansas, and the song is “Dust in the Wind.” I remember how depressing I thought this song was, and I played it over and over especially if I had a dismal day at school-for some reason the melody relaxed me and made me feel better. Now when I hear this song I get an entirely different message, one that I appreciate more because I’m a mother and my days are crammed full of stuff I need to do. That message is “not to sweat” the small things in life, so I’m going to let the kids snack dishes sit in the sink, and I’m going to totter off to bed relaxed and refreshed knowing that only the big things-my family and friends-matter the most. 




PS:  What do you think of when you hear this song?  Just curious...

7 comments:

  1. I decided to take a break from my "get the kids ready craziness" this morning to visit you, and I'm glad that I did! Thanks Susan for adding some great music to my morning. Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely good to take time and relax. Let the dishes sit and be worry-free. There's nothing wrong with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you do music posts, this is a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you ladies enjoyed it. I kind of stumbled across this yesterday evening and was entranced once again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard this song in forever. I agree, I hear that time goes by so fast that if you don't take a moment to enjoy it, it will pass you by. Definitely a good choice!

    Have a great weekend, thanks again for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again you have chosen a song I love. I listened to it over & over and sang it with a quartet in junior high. I still find the message sad but also get more from it now, don't let it slip away: )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xenia, so glad you like the tune too!

    Motpg, my friends and I all loved it-probably because it was so different.

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day and leave a comment.