I know I haven’t been around too much lately, but I am the new “vending” mom at my daughter’s gym, and I have to fill the snack and soda/water machine at least three times a week for the month of February. This also means my husband has to start dinner for at least two of those nights until I can get into some sort of rhythm with this new chore.
Thank you for commenting on my last post even though it’s a bit old now, and know that I am trying to get back to my former blog-posting schedule. I was surprised and touched when I checked out my site and September Mom over at My Voice My View gave me a Gorgeous Blogger Award. (Tess over at 2 Wired 2 Tired gave me an award too, but it's after 11 and 5:30 comes on really fast, so I'll do that one soon...)
As a recipient for the Gorgeous Award, I am to tell you 6 things you may not know about me, so without further delay, here are my 6:
1. I am a former cat person. I say former because we currently have no cat (my 19 year old cat passed away two years ago, and because she was definitely one-of-a-kind, I can’t bear to replace her) and I have fallen in love with our scruffy little Havanese. I don’t know if that makes me a full blown dog person or not because I still love cats, but I definitely enjoy the company of dogs a lot more than I used to.
2. I have seriously considered becoming a vegetarian. I know that protein is a must for a healthy body, but I also don’t like thinking about how my meat got to my table. If I had to live back in the days where you killed what you ate, I don’t know how I would have survived. As some of you already know, I can only kill flies and ants, and I even occasionally feel guilty about that!
3. I enjoy mowing the lawn. Now I didn’t say I like to push mow-I mean I like to mow with a riding mower. All I have to do is follow the tracks cut previously, and this concentration keeps me from going over my latest to do list, and I am at peace. I guess you could say I become “one” with the grass, but my husband is very particular about his lawn, so I don’t often get the chance to do this.
4. I can tell you almost word for word what someone said in a conversation. I am not a detail person until it comes to remembering a previous conversation. My husband is constantly telling me to just give him the facts, while I feel that revealing everything said is essential to understanding everything said. Women are from Venus?
5. I love Cream of Wheat. I don’t know why but this one just popped into my head. I have always loved Cream of Wheat, but I could never get my kids to eat it, and my husband will only join me in a bowl if it's covered in brown sugar-not the healthiest. I put very little sugar on it because I prefer it bland-that does sound kind of peculiar now that I see it in writing.
6. I hate wearing dresses. Now I will wear a dress on special occasions such as weddings or fancy parties, and my husband always says how nice I look wearing one, but I am never comfortable. (Isn't it funny that my daughter is the exact opposite?) First there’s the question of hose or no hose, and since I grew up in a time when wearing pantyhose was a must with a dress, I feel my outfit is incomplete without it. Then there’s the problem of wearing the pantyhose. I cannot for the life of me wear a pair without getting a run-it either happens just as I am putting pantyhose on or sometime during the event.
Well, there you have it-a good combination of the strange and the quirky. I am now supposed to award this to 6 other gorgeous bloggers, and though I only visit blogs I love, these six consistantly make me laugh, ususally out loud, and laughter is definitely something I need more of! Plus, if I don't do this now, I know I'll forget, so here are my nominees:
Jing Lejano from hypermom
Molly from I'm a Sleeper Baker
Amo from Where a Woman Shakes her Tablecloth
The girl from The Girl Next Door Grows Up
The girl with the flour in her hair from Peeling and Orange with a Screwdriver
And Nancy from If evolution really works
Keep up the good work ladies! Goodnight everybody.