Thursday, April 22, 2010
Some days good, some days not...
I do believe my husband has had his fill of my off-the-cuff commenting and snarling too-at the beginning of the week he was sending me “cheer up” e-mails to make me smile, but the last one I got yesterday just said, “I hope you are in a good mood when you come home.” And although I was trying to get things on the table tonight and he just plunked himself down and started to put food on the kids plates, I could have asked for help a tad bit nicer than, “I don’t know why you are sitting when I need some cheese grated.” I also said this with the customary hands-on-the-hips and roll of the eyes-just for effect. And let’s just say that it didn’t go over very well.
· Yes, your room looks better, but now I can’t see under your bed.
· Now if what you said is true and you brushed your teeth, then why is your toothbrush dry?
· You can only go to the commons area if you have an honors pass. I’m not going to give you a pass to the library so you can turn around and join your buddies in the commons area.
· If I am not sitting at the table but you are, maybe you can help so that I can sit down too.
· How many people are going to walk past that pencil before someone picks it up? (The answer-two kids and a husband-I picked it up)
· Why doesn’t anyone else besides me see that the dog is not chewing one of his toys, but one of yours?
· Am I the only one who can use a phone-I could be alive or dead, but you wouldn't know. And the longer it takes, the more upset it makes-me-so don’t expect a pleasant conversation when you do call.
· I dropped a hint about seeing some dog hair on the carpet-I better finish this post so that the hinter can take care of it.
Well, I don’t know if I feel any better, but as promised, tomorrow is a new day (and it’s Friday and payday!) so I will check my sarcasm at the door before going into school or back home. (And not everything went wrong today-my daughter let me hug her so that I could feel better!) So I am going to follow Louis Armstrong's lead when he said this in a song, “When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you.” (If that doesn't work, there's always cheesecake...)